Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Best of SL and the Snake


Now this shot has nothing at all to do with my comments for the day but I really liked this fashion photo and I didn't want to cross post from the MOSP blog yet again. There is a humongous version of this on my Flickr just in case you want to print it out and put it in your locker -- well of course you don't; just sayin'.

In the news, a very nice article about MOSP and me in The Best of SL. See page 134 for a starting spot.

The UWA machinima contest is complete with a bit over a month for the judges to watch and consider and turn in their lists. I, not a judge, have turned in mine for the audience participation (I tied for second last year). Actually I was the very FIRST to turn in my list. I'd been working on it as the films came in, so only had to watch the last ones and adjust as needed. There were some impressive works once again. I am looking forward to seeing how well I did with my list.

I am starting on a new film for the Monsanto Video Revolt. I am not an activist by any means, but I have been gardening and saving my own seeds -- in corporeal life of course -- for a few decades. I haven't made a documentary in awhile so it will be good to stretch in a newish direction. It will still be arty and dramatic - at least that's my intention. I have until July 24th so I have been filming here and there for a week or two. No real plan as yet but it is coming a bit clearer as my clips line up in their little ducky lines.

Now, normally NO ONE comes to this blog (smile). It is mostly for me to keep track of my artier side. But thanks to those of you who have been journeying over from one of the more public spots where this blog may be lurking in linkdom. It's nice to know some folks have taken the time to see what's here.