Sunday, July 10, 2011

About the Hair

Update:  First Place Winner -- Hair Fair's second contest.

This photo was taken for the Hair Fair 2 contest of 2011. The rules included taking the photo in one of the Hair Fair sims using a poseball made and set out by aDORKable Poses. I had tried many of those poseballs when doing reconnaissance on Blogger Preview day, so I had a pretty good idea about what I wanted.  Since I am not big on vendors and signs in my backgrounds, I looked for a poseball that would show off the hair without a distracting background.

I specifically  framed one of the balloons in the shot as they definitely say "Hair Fair 2011" -- at least to me. Even after blurring the background, I found that the palm trees still grabbed the eye. So I cut out the main part of the picture, pasted it on top of the original shot and desaturated the palms in the base layer.